VTK recorder

Forum for asking and answering questions related to use of the OpenSeesPy module

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

gopaladhikari

VTK recorder

Post by gopaladhikari » Mon May 10, 2021 3:30 pm

Hi all,

I noted that a vtk recorder is available in the source code, but there is no documentation available. I am wondering whether someone can help with the vtk recorder. I'm using PyVista for visualization purpose. If I can get a VTK formatted output,I dont have to write a script for conversion.

Thanks in advance,
Gopal
Gopal Adhikari, PhD
Associate Bridge Engineer
Jacobs
Wellington, New Zealand

Gaetanocmr

Re: VTK recorder

Post by Gaetanocmr » Thu May 20, 2021 1:21 pm

Hello, I'm using the following command to create paraview file:

Code: Select all

ops.recorder('PVD', 'filename', '-precision', 10, '-dT', 0.0, *['disp', 'vel', 'accel', 'incrDisp', 'reaction', 'pressure', 'unbalancedLoad', 'mass', 'eigen', 3])
note that you have to create a blank file with the same filename and a folder with the same filename or you will get errors.
If you want to output the 'eigen' you need to do a modal analysis first.
By the way i'm also interested in creating a script that creates .vtk file, because I want to see in paraview stresses on elements.
For now I just saved the location of integration point of each element but i need the output of stresses and than create the file :cry:
👨🏽‍💻 Ph.D. Student in Structural Engineer
🇮🇹 University of Palermo

anuragiitg

Re: VTK recorder

Post by anuragiitg » Sun May 30, 2021 5:25 am

PVD recorder does the same thing and you can visualize the results using Paraview.
--
Anurag Upadhyay