IMK deterioration input parameters for HSS columns

A place to ask questions on how to use OpenSees to perform Finite Element Reliability Analysis

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, mhscott, Moderators

alirezatabriz

IMK deterioration input parameters for HSS columns

Post by alirezatabriz » Mon May 02, 2016 1:09 pm

Hi,
I have two question about concentrated plasticity concept with rotational springs.
1. I have a 3bay frame. the bays are 5m. Dead and Live loads are equal to 650 kg.f/m^2 and 200 kg.f/m^2 on the floor area and loading width of the frame is 5m. How much of the gravity loads must be assigned to the beam-column joint nodes and How much of the gravity loads must be assigned to the leaning columns? I dont understand the opensees example << Pushover Analysis of 2-Story Moment Frame >>.
2. In the regression equations that suggested by Lignos and Krawinkler for HSS columns how much axial force should be inserted in the equations?

smithesjohn

Re: IMK deterioration input parameters for HSS columns

Post by smithesjohn » Mon May 02, 2016 10:31 pm

Dead and Live loads are equivalent to 650 kg.f/m^2 and 200 kg.f/m^2 on the floor territory and stacking width of the casing is 5m http://www.essaybox.co.uk/

mrezaaa

Re: IMK deterioration input parameters for HSS columns

Post by mrezaaa » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:34 am

Hi Alireza
Is your problem solved in relation to the axial load parameter in the Lignos and Krawinkler thesis?
I also encountered a problem like you.
I do not know the value of the axial load ratio parameter in hollow square tube section formulas.Can you help me ?
thanks