The OpenSees interpreters add commands to Tcl for finite element analysis. Each of these commands is associated (bound) with a C++ procedure that is provided. It is this procedure that is called upon by the interpreter to parse the command when it is encountered. In this document we focus primarily on those commands which have been added to Tcl by the OpenSees interpreters. All existing commands that exist in the Tcl language are available to these interpreters. We provide a brief Introduction To Tcl, more detailed documentation on these existing commands can be found in books and on-line.
For OpenSees we have added commands to Tcl for finite element analysis. These commands can be grouped into four sections:
- Modeling Commands commands added to the interpreter to create the finite element model.
- Analysis Commands commands added to Tcl to create the analysis procedure.
- Output Commands commands aded to Tcl to monitor what is happening in the model during the analysis.
- Misc Commands commands added to Tcl to help monitor and modify the model and analysis during the run-time.
- DataBase Commands commands added to Tcl to construct a FE_Datastore object.