OpenSees Parallel Installation in Windows 10

This forum is for issues related to parallel processing
and OpenSees using the new interpreters OpenSeesSP and OpenSeesMP

Moderator: selimgunay

shivangiitb

OpenSees Parallel Installation in Windows 10

Post by shivangiitb » Sat May 20, 2017 10:40 pm

Does OpenSees Parallel works in Windows 10 ??

I installed OpenSees Parallel in Windows 10 similar to Windows 7 but its not working.

Following steps I followed:
1) Open an admin command prompt (cmd) by right-clicking on the command prompt icon and selecting "run as administrator
2) Navigate from within the comand prompt to the folder where mpich2-1.4.1p1-win-x86-64.msi is there
3) Run "msiexec /i mpich2-1.4.1p1-win-x86-64.msi" from the admin command prompt to install MPICH2
4) During installation select that MPICH2 be installed for "Everyone" for all users.
5) Run wmpiconfig and store username/password [Use the same username and password as your Windows logon account]
6) Add "C:\Program Files\MPICH2\bin" to system Path [Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Environmental Variables -> Select "Path" within System Variables, click edit and enter
7) Reboot
8) To check if installation has been successful:
a) Check smpd using 'smpd -status'. it should return 'smpd running on $hostname$'
b) Open cmd again. Go to the root directory C:\Program Files\MPICH2\examples and type: 'mpiexec -n 4 cpi'. Press 0 and Hit enter and Close.

6) Install "ActiveTcl8.5.16.0.298506-win32-x86_64-threaded.exe" (During installation change directory to C)
7) Run "OpenSeesMP.exe" to check if it is running fine.

The OpenSeesMP.exe is running perfectly.

But when I tried to place OpenSeesMP executable and dos prompt (cmd)) in a suitable folder and called OpenSeesMP through dos prompt using the following command
mpiexec -np 4 OpenSeesMP filename.tcl then its not working.

Kindly help if anyone knows.

Shivang

linkstar

Re: OpenSees Parallel Installation in Windows 10

Post by linkstar » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:53 pm

These are the basic step by step on how to install OpenSees in windows to make it work https://goo.gl/au6e9r