OpenSees Parallel Installation in Windows 10

This forum is for issues related to parallel processing
and OpenSees using the new interpreters OpenSeesSP and OpenSeesMP

OpenSees Parallel Installation in Windows 10

Postby shivangiitb » Sat May 20, 2017 10:40 pm

Does OpenSees Parallel works in Windows 10 ??

I installed OpenSees Parallel in Windows 10 similar to Windows 7 but its not working.

Following steps I followed:
1) Open an admin command prompt (cmd) by right-clicking on the command prompt icon and selecting "run as administrator
2) Navigate from within the comand prompt to the folder where mpich2-1.4.1p1-win-x86-64.msi is there
3) Run "msiexec /i mpich2-1.4.1p1-win-x86-64.msi" from the admin command prompt to install MPICH2
4) During installation select that MPICH2 be installed for "Everyone" for all users.
5) Run wmpiconfig and store username/password [Use the same username and password as your Windows logon account]
6) Add "C:\Program Files\MPICH2\bin" to system Path [Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Environmental Variables -> Select "Path" within System Variables, click edit and enter
7) Reboot
8) To check if installation has been successful:
a) Check smpd using 'smpd -status'. it should return 'smpd running on $hostname$'
b) Open cmd again. Go to the root directory C:\Program Files\MPICH2\examples and type: 'mpiexec -n 4 cpi'. Press 0 and Hit enter and Close.

6) Install "ActiveTcl8.5.16.0.298506-win32-x86_64-threaded.exe" (During installation change directory to C)
7) Run "OpenSeesMP.exe" to check if it is running fine.

The OpenSeesMP.exe is running perfectly.

But when I tried to place OpenSeesMP executable and dos prompt (cmd)) in a suitable folder and called OpenSeesMP through dos prompt using the following command
mpiexec -np 4 OpenSeesMP filename.tcl then its not working.

Kindly help if anyone knows.

Shivang
shivangiitb

Re: OpenSees Parallel Installation in Windows 10

Postby cgtydmrc » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:39 am

You should install mpich2 in the following way:

http://swash.sourceforge.net/online_doc ... node9.html
cgtydmrc

Re: OpenSees Parallel Installation in Windows 10

Postby linkstar » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:53 pm

These are the basic step by step on how to install OpenSees in windows to make it work https://goo.gl/au6e9r
linkstar

Return to Parallel Processing