Nonlinear Static Analysis with OpenSeesSP!

This forum is for issues related to parallel processing
and OpenSees using the new interpreters OpenSeesSP and OpenSeesMP

Moderator: selimgunay

AHARSHIAN

Nonlinear Static Analysis with OpenSeesSP!

Post by AHARSHIAN » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:45 am

Hi,

I have done a Linear Dynamic analysis with OpenSeesSP recently and it was done perfectly; however, when I tried to run a Nonlinear Static of the same model I got a message as: "Process 0 exited without calling finalaize". The model has no problem if I run it with -np 1!

I tried different systems but no one worked and I though that it could be due to Static Analysis. Then I tried one of the Examples (Example No. 7) from OpenSees Examples Manual and I got the same error!

What is wrong with Static Analysis in Parallel Processing!? Or is it due to calling some other files like BuildingSection and MaterialLibrary!?

Thanks for your help & comments
Best Regards,
A.H.Arshian

fmk
Site Admin

Re: Nonlinear Static Analysis with OpenSeesSP!

Post by fmk » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:25 am

it does work .. it just has not been used as much and therefor debugged for the parallel .. in particular the elements and materials need to send their data from one processor to another .. not all elements and materials do or do correctly .. we fix them as we become aware of them .. i just need a small model that uses all the same elements and materials that fails to sort out the error.