Moment-slip rotation

If you have a script you think might be useful to others post it
here. Hopefully we will be able to get the most useful of these incorporated in the manuals.

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

tahir

Moment-slip rotation

Post by tahir » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:25 pm

Hi everyone...
I want to know something about moment rotation relationship used to model slippage of reinforcement at the interface of beam-column or column-footing joint...
I have done Moment-curvature analysis and then got a backbone curve for Moment-slip roation... I have slected a hysteretic model for that backbone then I have used a zerolength section element to assign that materail..I guess so utill this my procedure is correct. But as for as I know that this slip rotation should be multiplayed by the length of column (in case of cantilever L)....I am confused how opensees convert it into deformation since im not using any multiplay thing in my tcl..how to get that deformation...I should post process the results?But I have seen in the literature people are just this relationship of moment and rotation for zerolength element..
can anybody just make it clear for me plzzz....

linguan118

Re: Moment-slip rotation

Post by linguan118 » Tue May 24, 2011 10:58 pm

you only need to define the moment-rotation to the zerolength element, after that you get the top displacement from the results.
Research Assistant Professor, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
guanlin@polyu.edu.hk