force time history

A forum dedicated to feature requests and the future direction of OpenSees, i.e. what would you like, what do you need, what should we explore

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

javidsharifi

force time history

Post by javidsharifi » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:58 am

Dear all,

I'm desperately in need of help. is there a way in opensees i can introduce the earthquake-induced force time history to the system?
I have modeled a soil-structure system and also calculated the time history of forces caused by the input motion. now, as far as i see it is quite easy to introduce the acceleration, velocity or displacement time history as the input motion to the system. but not yet have i could found a way to introduce the force time history as the input to run the analysis. What should i do?
I greatly appreciate kind helps.

B. JavidSharifi

fmk
Site Admin

Re: force time history

Post by fmk » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:38 am

define what you mean by force time history and were you would apply the loads. if simply a time varying nodal load, apply a 1.0 value for the reference load and use the Path time series for the time series. of course, if the loads at the different nodes change by a different amount at each time step you would need a pattern and time series for each load and possibly one for each nodal dof.

the alternative is to simply write source code to do what you want.