Python Interpreter Bugs

For developers writing C++, Fortran, Java, code who have questions or comments to make.

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

ChrisS

Python Interpreter Bugs

Post by ChrisS » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:16 am

Professor McKenna and Moderators

I have been trying for long time to translate the 1D consolidation example (http://opensees.berkeley.edu/wiki/index ... solidation) into python. So I decided debugging the source code (version 6737) and here are my findings:

Though it is stated clearly in the python documentation of the PIMY material that the number of yield surfaces is a float, I was using the semantically correct type of integer and that broke execution.

Secondly, in method NDMaterial * PressureIndependMultiYield::getCopy (const char *code) at file PressureIndependMultiYield.cpp the value "PlaneStrain" is expected for the code argument in 2D case. Yet the constructor of NineFourNodeQuadUP is being called in method void* OPS_NineFourNodeQuadUP() with the value "PlainStrain" at file Nine_Four_Node_QuadUP.cpp and "PlainStrain" is passed as argument in the getCopy call. The strings "PlaneStrain" and "PlainStrain" are used in other locations also (i.e. FourNodeQuadUP.cpp, PressureDependMultiYield.cpp etc.).

Please consider modifying Python Interpreter code.

Thank you for your attention.