Shell sections constructor does not update the TclBuilder

For developers writing C++, Fortran, Java, code who have questions or comments to make.

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

salsessa

Shell sections constructor does not update the TclBuilder

Post by salsessa » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:30 am

Good evening everyone,
I'm dealing with the implementation of a new shell section and I realized a strange behavior of the constructor in TclModelBuilderSectionCommand.cpp ( http://opensees.berkeley.edu/WebSVN/fil ... ommand.cpp ).

Actually, a "MembranePlateFiberSection", which I'm using as reference, is created at line 1211 by the call:

theSection = new MembranePlateFiberSection( tag, h, *theMaterial );

unfortunahtely, it seems that the object "tclModelBuilder" is not updated after the creation of the section. In fact, if I call for the object just after its creation by the command:

theSection = new MembranePlateFiberSection( tag, h, *theMaterial );
SectionForceDeformation *theNewSection = theTclBuilder->getSection(tag);

The object “theNewSection” results empty. This behavior seems common to all shell sections while it does not happen for the frame sections.

I’m wondering what I’m doing wrong. I’d like to get the object in order to implement an appropriate input protocol which must call some methods of the new class in order to update its properties as layers are added.
I would be grateful if anyone could help me suggesting the way I should follow to solve this problem.
Many thanks in advance!

fmk
Site Admin

Re: Shell sections constructor does not update the TclBuilde

Post by fmk » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:32 am

the sections are held elsewhere .. there should be a call to OPS_addSectionForceDeformation() to add the section and OPS_getSectionForceDEformation() when you want the copy .. the OPS procedures are defined in the base class.

salsessa

Re: Shell sections constructor does not update the TclBuilde

Post by salsessa » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:42 am

Thank you very much Frank!
I took a while to debug, but the code seems to work!!!