Prayer for help in ContactBeam2D Problem

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

duttaANURAG

Prayer for help in ContactBeam2D Problem

Post by duttaANURAG » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:36 pm

Respected Sir/Ma,am

I am a final year student of Geotechnical Engineering working on Wall-Backfill problems in OpenSees. I have followed the excavation example provided in OpenSees webiste to model my problems in Contact Beams.

But whenever, I start my analysis, it shows analysis failed like this -

WARNING SuperLU::solve(void)- Error 20 returned in factorization dgstrf()
WARNING AcceleratedNewton::solveCurrentStep() -the LinearSysOfEqn failed in solve()
StaticAnalysis::analyze() - the Algorithm failed at iteration: 1 with domain at load factor 0.2
OpenSees > analyze failed, returned: -3 error flag

I have tried everything by changing by analysis steps like changing the test command from NormDispIncr to EnergyIncr, increasing the iteration steps, decreasing the tolerance in test command, changing the algorithm from Newton to KrylovNewton. But still everytime at the final step of iterations after intial state analysis turned on, the analysis fails.

Moreover, I have also tried the same with a Small Sheet Pile Wall - Backfill problem as similar to the one provided in the OpenSees examples site, still my problem remains the same, analysis shows failed.

I have attached my Small Sheet Pile Wall - Backfill problem here in the link below -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m65g7ku6vun6r ... l.tcl?dl=0

Please kindly check my model, if there is any problem with my model.

Please help me. Your kind help will be appreciated a lot.

Thank You

ANURAG DUTTA
M.Tech Student
Geotechnical Engineering
NERIST

sasakiharuka

Re: Prayer for help in ContactBeam2D Problem

Post by sasakiharuka » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:16 pm

Have you solved the problem yet? I had the same problem and It can converge at the first step but after fails to solve. I try everything by changing the algorithm , test command and iteration steps but still fail to converge. If you have solved it,can you tell me how you solved it? I'm very grateful to you.