Adding new friction model

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

Ovoma

Adding new friction model

Post by Ovoma » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:05 pm

Hello,

I'd like to know if I can add new friction model just like adding new material (or element) based on the Dr. McKenna's presentation of "Adding your own code to OpenSees" (http://opensees.berkeley.edu/wiki/index ... r_own_Code) ??

I tried it but it did not work. I made ".h" and ".cpp" files and generated ".dll" file, just like generating ".dll" for new material and elements . Then I placed the ".dll" file in the folder that ".tcl" and OpenSees executable file, and I executed the ".tcl" file, but the OpenSees gave me the error message "WARNING could not create friction model NewFriction".

If any good advice is there, I would be appreciated!
Last edited by Ovoma on Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ovoma

Re: Adding new friction model

Post by Ovoma » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:14 am

any advice anyone?

LorenzoCasagrandePV

Post by LorenzoCasagrandePV » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:35 am

Dear Ovoma,

I am facing the same issue..have ho I find out a solution?

Thanks

L

Ovoma

Post by Ovoma » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:18 am

Hello,

(I would like to re-post this since no reply has yet received.)

I want to know if I can add new friction model just like adding new material (or element) based on the Dr. McKenna's presentation of "Adding your own code to OpenSees" (http://opensees.berkeley.edu/wiki/index ... r_own_Code) ??

I tried it but it did not work. I made ".h" and ".cpp" files and generated ".dll" file, just like generating ".dll" for new material and elements . Then I placed the ".dll" file in the folder that ".tcl" and OpenSees executable file, and I executed the ".tcl" file, but the OpenSees gave me the error message "WARNING could not create friction model NewFriction".

I appreciate if you respond to me for this thing.