How to add a solver to OpenSees

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

ahmetalperparker

How to add a solver to OpenSees

Post by ahmetalperparker » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:18 pm

Hi,
I want to implement a solver that I wrote to OpenSees. How can I do that (the wiki page is empty)? I have written it in C# and created a .NET based dll. Is it possible to call a .NET dll from OpenSees? Alternatively, I have successfully called my solver from matlab. Is it possible to call matlab functions from OpenSees as a solver? Or non works, I have converted my C# code to C++ with a converter and most parts are ok. (I need a little bit work on it since I am new to C++), is it possible to call native dll's from OpenSees? I have seen this: http://opensees.berkeley.edu/wiki/index.php/Cusp , so there should be some way to do that. Of course the easiest way would be to integrate it as a part to OpenSees but I am not familiar with it's source code. Comments are welcome.
Best Regards
AAP

selimgunay

Re: How to add a solver to OpenSees

Post by selimgunay » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:47 pm

You don't need to be familiar with the whole code if you want to integrate it as a part of OpenSees. I would follow the following steps.

1. Compile OpenSees successfully without your solver.

2. Add your solver with the relevant cpp files in the OpenSees project and compile it again.

Please let me know if there are issues that would prevent following this order.