OpenSees.exe has stopped working

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

lorenzino

OpenSees.exe has stopped working

Post by lorenzino » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:59 pm

Dear Mrs/Mr,

I downloaded OpenSees.exe and Tcl/Tk file. After the installation, when I try to run the file Example1.SFI_MVLEM (taken from http://opensees.berkeley.edu/wiki/index ... r_RC_Walls) it says that "OpenSees.exe has stopped working".
What shall I do?

Thanks

selimgunay

Re: OpenSees.exe has stopped working

Post by selimgunay » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:25 pm

There may be something wrong with that example. Please try another file. You can try the below one. What are you trying to model?

http://opensees.berkeley.edu/wiki/index ... ver_Column

lorenzino

Post by lorenzino » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:10 am

I am trying to model a shear wall, anyway the example you send me is working. So there should definitely be something wrong with the example I downloaded.

Thank you!

jk7070

Post by jk7070 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:12 am

I have also tried to run this Example 1. It seems as if the "OpenSees.exe has stopped working" msg appears when the code reaches the material "uniaxialMaterial ConcreteCM" around about line 96 of the original code. I have also seen this same issue with several other examples I have sourced using the SFI_MVLEM shear wall element. I have no issues running most of the other examples of the openSees website.

Could this be related to the version of openSees.exe I am using. I currently have the latest version 2.5.0 installed using the 64bit binaries.

Regards,
J

jaimercado

Post by jaimercado » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:40 pm

Hi

Did you guys find the solution to run the example 2 about the shear wall? I downloaded the example and the OpenSees stopped working. I think that the problem is located in this line of the code:

for {set i 1} {$i <= [expr 2*$NumStories]} {incr i} {
element SFI_MVLEM [expr 1000 + $i] [expr 100 + $i - 1] [expr 100 + $i] $n_fibers $c_rot -thick $Twall $Twall $Twall $Twall $Twall $Twall -width $LengthBoundEl $widthWebEl $widthWebEl $widthWebEl $widthWebEl $LengthBoundEl -mat $MatFSAM_Con $MatFSAM_Unc $MatFSAM_Unc $MatFSAM_Unc $MatFSAM_Unc $MatFSAM_Con;
}

Any idea?

The link of the example 2. http://opensees.berkeley.edu/wiki/index ... r_RC_Walls

Thanks

polimeruvijay

Post by polimeruvijay » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:17 am

I think in the source code the number of macro fibers are limited to 5 downside, When I increase more than 5 no error, but when I decrease less than 5 it is happening...