What happened to the Soil (geotechnical) forum?

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

aboufira

What happened to the Soil (geotechnical) forum?

Post by aboufira » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:42 am

Some of us use OpenSees primarily for geotechnical purposes. I have personally asked several soil questions on the main forum without really getting a response. My gut tells me this is because most people log into here to discuss structural problems and thus geotechnical expertise is lacking.

I have also noticed that the geotechnical forum is locked due to spam. However there is no alternative that has been created. Could one of the mods or some knowledgeable person please fill me in on this? Also what is currently done to accomodate geotechnical support for OpenSees?

fmk
Site Admin

Re: What happened to the Soil (geotechnical) forum?

Post by fmk » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:37 pm

while the expertize may not be lacking, the groups willingness to answer posts was. for the other forums i have been able to find people (mainly me) who can respond if other users don't. For the geotech forum I was having to lean on one or two to answer all the incoming questions. They were getting swamped and as unfunded it was not fair to keep bothering them with it.