zeroLength element: recording multiple materials

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

amia

zeroLength element: recording multiple materials

Post by amia » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:54 am

Is there a way to record multiple materials for a zeroLength element using a single recorder?

I'm able to record a single material (i.e. material assigned to a degree of freedom). For example, I can record the moment-rotation material response in the 6th dof using:
recorder Element -xml $Path/$filename -ele 1 material 6 stressStrain

However, I'm not able to record more than 1 material at a time, say the material response in the 4th and 6th dof. I have tried the following:
recorder Element -xml $Path/$filename -ele 1 material 4 6 stressStrain
recorder Element -xml $Path/$filename -ele 1 material 4 stressStrain 6 stressStrain

I'd like to record the different dofs in one recorder because I am exceeding the number of files that can be recorded in one go during an analysis..

Many thanks in advance
Anita

selimgunay

Re: zeroLength element: recording multiple materials

Post by selimgunay » Sun May 21, 2017 11:38 pm

You can use the force recorder to record all forces of the zerolength element. Below is an example:

recorder Element -file name.out -time -ele 11 force;

amia

Re: zeroLength element: recording multiple materials

Post by amia » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:30 am

Thank you for your suggestion, I think that's the best option. I was hoping to use the stressStrain command because it automatically recorded both the force and the deformation but it appears to be limited to a single dof.