Build OpenSees for Linux

Forum for OpenSees users to post questions, comments, etc. on the use of the OpenSees interpreter, OpenSees.exe

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, Moderators

EricsonEncinaZ

Build OpenSees for Linux

Post by EricsonEncinaZ » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:53 pm

If one builds an OpenSees version for linux with the current source code, Will the layered shell section be available?
I ask because in this question http://opensees.berkeley.edu/community/ ... at#p102501 it is said that we should ask for the layered shell source code to Professor Lu at Tsinghua University.

TPdct

Re: Build OpenSees for Linux

Post by TPdct » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:21 pm

Yes, it is available, I'm using now.

EricsonEncinaZ

Post by EricsonEncinaZ » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:12 am

Hello again,

The revision 6236 (version 2.5.0) was built to work under Linux in the Pan Cluster, but it is still showing the message "PSUMAT - NOT DEFINED IN THIS VERSION, SOURCE CODE RESTRICTED" when I try to use the concrete material for the layered shell section.
I went to the repository (http://opensees.berkeley.edu/WebSVN/lis ... f31f1b3b8b) and checked the C++ file and the headers for this revision (http://opensees.berkeley.edu/WebSVN/fil ... p&rev=6236 and http://opensees.berkeley.edu/WebSVN/fil ... h&rev=6236), and as you can see in the second link the .h file does not exist. Could this be the reason why the PSUMAT message is still appearing when I try to work with this material? (I just have quite basic knowledge on C++)

What version would you recommend us to build so to be able to work with layered shells?

fmk
Site Admin

Post by fmk » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:44 pm

the source code is not released for that material .. is this a planar wall?

EricsonEncinaZ

Post by EricsonEncinaZ » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:42 pm

I'm trying to capture 3D wall-to-floor interaction by using layered shells to represent both the in-plane and out-of-plane behaviour of the floor system and BC elements with fibre-based sections to represent the walls, columns and beams.

According to your answer, it does not matter what version of OpenSees we build we are not going to have access to the concrete material for the layered shell section, Am I right?
Is there anything we can do to have that part of the code?
If not, Could you include a linux version of OpenSees along with the current Windows and Mac versions?

fmk
Site Admin

Post by fmk » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:34 am

correct. the vesion running on DesignSafe should have the concrete model installed. i will release a Ubuntu version when I can.

anilkunwar

Post by anilkunwar » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:42 am

Hi frank,
Have you released the version of OpenSees for Ubuntu?

Yours Sincerely,
Anil Kunwar

fmk
Site Admin

Post by fmk » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:48 am

no .. you still need to build it .. the Makefile.def.EC2-UBUNTU shows packages needed and can be copied to OpenSees/Makefile.def to be used to compile it yourself.

Michaelpeter

Post by Michaelpeter » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:53 am

can you help me to open opensees program from terminal for ubuntu (linux system)
iam install ubuntu system and install svn by codes
(sudo apt-get install svn)
(sudo apt-get install libapachez-mod-svn)
(svn co svn://peera.berkeley.edu/usr/local/svn/OpenSees/trunk OpenSees)
the program is install in home for C

EricsonEncinaZ

Post by EricsonEncinaZ » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:55 pm

TPdct wrote:
> Yes, it is available, I'm using now.
Hello TPdct,

Could you share the source code of the concrete material please so I can actually avoid the message "PSUMAT - NOT DEFINED IN THIS VERSION, SOURCE CODE RESTRICTED" and run my models. email: eenc456@aucklanduni.ac.nz

I appreciate your help

Regards

TPdct

Post by TPdct » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:20 pm

Dear EricsonEncinaZ:
Layered Shell Section is available. But I haven't tried layered shell with concrete material.

EricsonEncinaZ

Post by EricsonEncinaZ » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:12 pm

Hi! thanks for your response. Yes, the layered shell section is available, but in order to make it work (to simulate concrete members) the user has to define special steel and concrete materials. According to Xin-Zheng webpage:
- Plane-stress concrete: nDmaterial PlaneStressUserMaterial $matTag 40 7 $fc $ft $fcu $epsc0 $epscu $epstu $stc
- Add plate behaviour to the plane stress concrete: nDmaterial PlateFromPlaneStress $newmatTag $matTag $OutofPlaneModulus
- Steel material: nDmaterial PlateRebar $newmatTag $matTag $sita

And after this we can define the layered shell section like this:
section LayeredShell $sectionTag $nLayers $matTag1 $thickness1...$matTagn $thicknessn

So If you are using a layered shell section, what material are you using instead of the PlaneStressUserMaterial? because that material has not been release ( quite sad :-| ) and If you have it I would be quite greatful if you could share it with me.

I tried ot use Damage2P, but it has not been released either, and Druker-Prager (wrapped to 2D) yielded not good results for what I wanted.

Thank for your time again

rafal

Post by rafal » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:30 am

I tried another model available from the following webpage:

Implementation of a Simple Biaxial Concrete Model for Reinforced Concrete Membranes
by Bernardo Garcia Ramirez
https://era.library.ualberta.ca/files/c ... 09_MSc.pdf

This is Mazars Damage 2d model, the Opensees implementation is described in this Master thesis and the Mazars.cpp and Mazars.h codes are added at the end of the pdf.

However I cannot compile it.

EricsonEncinaZ

Post by EricsonEncinaZ » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:10 pm

Thank you. I will have a look.

wangdongkid

Post by wangdongkid » Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:35 pm

Hi, I run into the same problem using OpenSees Parallel "PSUMAT - NOT DEFINED IN THIS VERSION, SOURCE CODE RESTRICTED". Does anyone know the solution of the problem