Syntax for Material and F.Section parameters

A place to ask questions on how to use OpenSees to perform Finite Element Reliability Analysis

Moderators: silvia, selimgunay, mhscott, Moderators

JOSELUISEM

Syntax for Material and F.Section parameters

Post by JOSELUISEM » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:59 am

Hi,
1.-I want to parameterize the wall thickness of a "pipe" fibre section
2.-I want to parameterize an elastic-plastic material (with plastic hardening) with different yielding points/variablesSIG (Eps, SIG) for tension and compression (not P.Plastic)

I would like to know:
Is it possible to do with the current reliability functions?
If it is possible, which is the syntax to identify material and section parameters for uncertainty characterization?

Thank you for your valuable time,

mhscott

Re: Syntax for Material and F.Section parameters

Post by mhscott » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:01 pm

JOSELUISEM wrote:
> Hi,
> 1.-I want to parameterize the wall thickness of a "pipe" fibre section

You cannot parameterize geometric properties/dimensions of general fiber sections (section Fiber or section fiberSec). You will have to create your own SectionIntegration class that encapsulates the dimensions you want, then parameterize it.

> 2.-I want to parameterize an elastic-plastic material (with plastic hardening) with
> different yielding points/variablesSIG (Eps, SIG) for tension and compression (not
> P.Plastic)

You may be able to monkey around with uniaxialMaterial Parallel with some combination of Hardening, EPP, and Elastic materials.

JOSELUISEM

Re: Syntax for Material and F.Section parameters

Post by JOSELUISEM » Fri May 23, 2014 10:35 am

I managed to successfully modify the steel01 material following the tutorials. Now, I'm having some trouble to implement a new pipefibersection2d I like to know if there are some tutorial o references about adding a new section class??

thank you for your advice,